Bee Blooming Bold! Competition to design a planting scheme in Horsham Park
In this Year of Culture we want you to help us celebrate horticulture in the Horsham District by designing a planting scheme for the raised octagonal bed in Horsham Park which will attract insects and visitors alike. The bed is sited by the gym pod near to the Pavilions and High Places. The bed is the site of a former bandstand and is octagonal with a 75cm high retaining wall. Approximate measurements are as follows:
The inside wall measurement of four of the octagonal sides: 245 cm. These alternate with four sides of 255cm. The outer rim of the wall has sides alternating from 265 cm to 275 cm. The bed is approximately 630 cm across.
The judges are looking for a planting scheme which meets the following criteria:
• Creates a visitor attraction for one season only (this bed is due to be removed next year)
• Supports insects in Horsham Park
• Celebrates horticulture in Horsham District:
• Will survive in park conditions ie it will not be watered daily
• Costs a maximum of £250 for the plants and compost (if special compost is required)
• Can be planted by Friends of Horsham Park
The competition closes on 30 April 2019 and the winning scheme will be planted in May.
Please email for entry form and competition rules