Forest School & Bushcraft Taster Day
If you are 11 to 16 years old why not join us for a Forest School taster in Horsham as part of an event run in partnership with the Sussex Wildlife Trust and Gatwick Greenspace Partnership.
Spend quality time mastering important survival skills, becoming one with nature and discovering the wild wonders of Chesworth Farm.
Learn some bushcraft skills using hand tools like bow saws, knives and drills to complete woodcraft activities or make some nature art. We will explore the farm in the search for wildlife like reptiles and dragonflies and after learning some safe fire lighting techniques we can get the kettle on before embarking on some simple campfire cooking.
· Meet at Chesworth Farm, Chesworth Lane, Horsham, West Sussex, RH13 0AA
· Please ensure children bring a packed lunch, drink and extra snacks and wear suitable outdoor clothing/footwear and sun protection for the weather conditions.
· Parents/carers do not accompany children.
· The vehicle access gate for the track to Chesworth Farm site will be open between 09:40 and 09:55 before the session, and between 13.55 and 14.15 afterwards. Pedestrian access only is available before and after these times. Access to Chesworth Farm track is from Queensway / Chesworth Lane T junction.
· Limited parking at Chesworth Farm site: overflow parking in Chesworth Lane, which is a 10 minute walk along a pleasant off-road track to the meeting point.
· Public transport: Nearest bus stop is opposite Denne Road which is approx. 20 minutes from the meeting point.
· Meeting point and toilets at barn
· We apologise that this location has extremely limited wheelchair access.
· Only 15 tickets available for this event on a first come, first served basis.
Parental consent form must be completed and returned to me before any participant can take part in the day’s activities.
For more information or to book, please click here