The deadline for Year of Culture expressions of interest has now closed. Thank you for your interest.
Over 140 organisations applied for grants, demonstrating the breadth of culture in the district.
For those that are put forward to the final stage of applications, the deadline is Wednesday 31 January 2018. Applications must be made via the link sent through to your email by the Year of Culture team.
For queries relating to Year of Culture grants, email [email protected] and one of the team will come back to you.
For a full list of the criteria, please Click Here
All projects must have the following at their core
1. To raise the profile of culture and heritage within the Horsham district
-We want to involve as many people as possible and we’re looking for events which will do that
-We want to become somewhere which needs to be visited and enjoyed, can your project tempt people in?
2. Be linked to ONE of the 12 Year of Culture themes. A full list of themes can be found here.
-Your event doesn’t have to be in the month that relates to the theme, although that would be nice!
-Think creatively – ‘Come See’ could be visual i.e. photography, or an invitation to come and see a new show – it’s how you interpret it
3. The project must have a direct link with the Horsham district’s culture, heritage or arts in some way.
-There’s a wealth of culture, heritage and arts in the district – you just have to tap into it. Maybe its food culture, or literary heritage or a local song you know of that you can see performed on a grand scale.
4. Involve the community and bring people together
-We want to draw together people from the various communities within the Horsham district and celebrate our joint cultures
-We’re looking for projects which inspire people, celebrate our location and involve as much of the community as possible
We’ve given you the four essential criteria, but we are looking to receive applications for projects that also consider the following areas
1. Support the visitor economy
- Can your project encourage tourism from within the district, as well as be enticing to people from afar?
- Will your project benefit local businesses? Can it provide employment?
2. Introduce a new service or activity which extends the district’s culture and heritage offer and can be maintained after 2019
- We don’t want the fun to stop after 2019, we want a legacy. Do you have a project which could do that?
- We have lots of ideas about what we think a legacy could be, but we want yours.
- Can you show that funding from the Year of Culture can be used further?
3. Working in partnership
- We want to see communities working together, businesses networking, partnerships forming. Can you bring people, communities, together? Let us know.
The deadline for Expressions of Interest has now closed.